Careers - Medical Billing Collections and A/R Specialist
Title: Medical Billing Collections and A/R Specialist
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 5 Years Experience
Primary responsibility will be following up, on both insurance AR and patient collections. We are seeking an experienced and dedicated professional with a background in medical billing.
- Must have recent previous experience in electronic billing/ follow-up and a working knowledge of the appeals process.
- Timely management of unpaid claims as assigned, through the use of the clients office manager; aging reports; correspondence; Clearinghouse and rejections.
- Third-party collection experience (credit card, medical or commercial collections preferred).
- Patient Assistance Foundations billing submission and timely follow up.
- Read and understand HCFA regulations, Medicare, Medicaid updates, with the ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills; answering client, patient and carrier calls; prompt return and follow up to all interactions.
- Projects a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Preserves quality service by following organizational standards.
- Maintains patient privacy by keeping all information found in patient files confidential; HIPAA compliant.
Responsibility, Skills, and Difficulty of Work:
- Knowledge of billing practices required
- Knowledge of medical records, EHR required
- Communicating clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Understanding and carrying out verbal and written directions
- Demonstrates excellent organization, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned work in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Maintains confidentiality
HEMATOLOGY & ONCOLOGY ASSOCIATES OF NORTHEASTERN PA, PC
Please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Employment Application >
< Return to Careers